March 12, 2007

Disaster strikes

Had a few quiet days here because of a mishap at home last Thursday. Got home after work and decided to have a glass of white wine before dinner. I had literally just poured the wine when I got a text message on my phone. I reached out to pick up the phone, barely nudged the glass and it cascaded all over my laptop! Panic then ensued as I switched the power off tried my best to dry it out and so on.

The machine is now at the maunfacturer and I need to wait a few days until I find out whether or not it can be fixed, and, if it can, how much it's likely to cost. Fingers crossed ...

Until then, I guess I'll be blogging from a cafe, like now, so the postings might be a little less frequent for a while. Hopefully normal services will be resumed shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment