June 10, 2007

Fair trade in Nakano

A little north of the main shopping area in Nakano is a great little shop that I love to look browse around from time to time. Lampada is a shop selling mainly zakka, which is a term that more or less means odds and ends for the house. There are ornaments and furnishings as well as other knick-knacks from various parts of the world as well as a small selection of organic food, with the vast majority of products being labelled as fair trade products.

Recently I bought a tote bag there that I use for shopping. I was amazed at the amount of plastic rubbish I was throwing and realised that the majority of the rubbish was plastic bags from shops. Now I'm making a conscious effort to refuse plastic bags in shops and use the tote bag instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment