January 04, 2007

December 23rd: Come on you Whites! - Part 1


A chilly Saturday afternoon saw me make a trip up to Crabble for the first time in about 16 years to see the mighty Dover Athletic take on Burgess Hill in the Ryman League Division 1 South. The Whites had been going through a patch of indifferent form in the run up to Christmas and the mood among the fans on the unofficial forum was a mixture of annoyance and despondence. Despite this, I was hoping for a good performance and three points.

Sitting in the Centre Spot bar prior to the game with my dad, I had the good fortune to bump into to old school friends who I hadn't seen in about 20 years. We had a brief chat before heading round behind the goal for the start of the game.

Dover ran out 2-1 winners, though I thought they should have won by more, and it was irritating to see them concede (yet another) soft goal in the last five minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment