December 15, 2006

Rats!

Went out for a 'bonenkai' (end of year party) on Tuesday and had some really great food and drink at a place called Musubiya in Ochanomizu. The restaurant is quite small and there were twelve of us, so it was quite a squeeze, and coats and jackets were piled up on a vacant seat at the end of the table.

Unbeknown to any of us the pile of coats toppled during the evening and the collar of my jacket came to rest on the top of a spotlight bulb that formed part of the uplighting system. When it was time for me to leave I noticed there was a huge scorch mark on the collar, a couple of inches in diameter. Sadly, it looks like it's 'sayonara' for the jacket, which is a pain as it's barely a year old.

On the bright side, I guess I had been persuaded to stay to have one more for the road, there could have been a fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment