October 07, 2006

One of those days ...

Woke up to clear blue skies, sunshine and fresh air ~ a great sight in the morning after yesterday's miserable rain. I soon realised, however, that I was too late to put the rubbish out, which means it'll be stinking in the corner of the kitchen until the next collection date.

I had a half day at work today with a later than usual start, and so decided to run a few errands on the way in. I was half-way to my destination when I realised I'd forgotten something I needed for work and so had to head back home to get it. So much for the errands ... Still, I managed to get to work on time. Being there was pretty much a waste of time today, however, as we were way overstaffed on what was a very quiet day. I guess I can count myself lucky that I only had a half day of thumb twiddling. Ran the errands on the way home, and then had a panic when the bus tickets for the planned weekend trip were nowhere to be found. A few phone calls to various places drew blanks. The bus company couldn't re-issue the tickets as there was no proof of purchase, so the only option would be to buy new ones ~ except that particular bus was now full. The only way to go now would be by train (a much more expensive option), having already thrown away 12,000 yen on the bus tickets. Have you ever had days like this?

After all this, it seems as though luck was smiling on me today, though, as on the way to the train station we retraced footsteps from a couple of hours previously, and, lo and behold, the small envelope containing the tickets was lying on the pavement at the entrance to some shops! How it hadn't blown away in the blustery wind, I'll never know, but at least the trip is still on. Hopefully I'll be posting a picture or two in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment