June 09, 2008

Sunday afternoon in Kichijoji

I went to Kichijoji on Sunday for the first time in a while. I always like spending time there, as it has a nice laid back feel to it and there are plenty of places to look around, even if Sundays are a bit busier.

I had lunch at Ciao Chiang Mai, a great little Thai restaurant with an extensive menu. I had Chiang Mai Pork Curry for the first time since I was last in Thailand (about 5 years ago now), which was delicious, though they could have trimmed a bit more fat off the pork.

The rest of the afternoon was spent mooching around the shops, including Ragtag, a shop that sells secondhand clothes, but only select brands and only stuff in excellent condition. I picked a great shirt that will almost certainly get an outing at the Soil & "Pimp" Sessions gig later this month. Other than that I paid visits to Natural House to pick up some lentils and also bought a 12-bottle box of wine at Enoteca (the monthly special) for the first time in over a year.

So all in all, a good day out, though when I got home I was surprised to hear about the horror show that happened at Akihabara with the lunatic on the loose with a knife. It further reinforces my belief that because you never know what is around the corner, you shouldn't put off things you want to do and should take maximum advantage of opportunities when they arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment